I need to stop listening to Circa Survive. Anthony Green's voice is so hypnotic--I swear that it is impossible to rid my mind of the sound of his haunting falsetto. His voice churns the contents of my mind into a horrifying, interminable maelstrom. There is something in the way he sings that causes my heart to whir and sputter in an austere manner. I feel bizarrely empowered by the way his voice takes the stage in my mind and commands my other thoughts to take cover. This cannot be a good thing--and yet, I find it absolutely necessary. I'm an addict; I need my daily fix.
But I cower at the menacing meaning behind the words he puts to clever instrumentation. I often wonder from whom and where his inspiration comes. To me, he conveys this image of complexity--this image is one that I cannot shake.
What is it that bothers him so much? I want to know because...it bothers me as well.
He perfectly fits the profile of someone who I would like to invite to dinner, or perhaps kidnap.
No comments:
Post a Comment