This entire day, I have been in a "blah" mood. I am not completely sure what this mood entails, but I do know that it makes me as moody as hell. Throughout the course of today, I have been royally ticked off. Perhaps I owe an explanation for such appalling behavior, but I cannot possibly pin my cataclysmal temperament on one simple thing. It is a fatal combination of the events of the day that culminated in this nasty, brooding state of mind which currently defines me. Because of how utterly distraught I am over everything at this moment, I have no desire to review today's happenings. I will merely discuss the reason for my inspiration for this blog: Nic Hudson.
Nic Hudson is the guitarist of Cartel, one of the best bands to have ever existed. I met him at their concert at Pipeline a couple months ago, and if you read a previous blog, you will find that I found him incredibly sexy. He is incredibly sexy. If he told me to get on my knees, and lick ice cream off the ground in Central Park, I would voraciously lick away at a soiled mound of dairy delight in a millisecond. Nic wrote a blog entry that was posted on the AP magazine website. I knew that I must read it as soon as I saw the word "Cartel" in Arial font on the front page of the website. I read over every word that he typed, and pictured every waitress who served him Red Bull during his stay in Charlotte, NC. After reading his blog, I was very excited to have a sort of..."connection" with my beloved Cartel guitarist through this blog entry. But I was also a bit disconcerted at his writing skill. It's not that he is a god-awful writer who should never have become literate, but he is definitely not F. Scott Fitzgerald. I was really amused at how he described a party as "huge ass". Not like that is really that funny, in most people's opinions, but for some reason, I thought it was the bee's knees. Mainly, my disconcerted state was instigated by the use of such descriptions as "it was pretty pimp" or even "huge ass". Well, then again, he did tell me that my spring break sounded pretty "dope ass" when I talked to him. I shouldn't be all that surprised. I guess, because of my impossible mood today, I was hoping to read some sort of inspirational Mahatma Ghandi sort of deal. That probably makes me crazy, or something like that.
I have been listening to a lot of interesting music lately. It's all great and new and exciting, but for some reason, it hasn't exactly healed me from the craziness my mind has given into. I'll just list the things I've been listening to:
Coldplay: I have been digging the two singles from Viva La Vida, which include Viva La Vida and Violet Hill. I could not ask for anything more of Coldplay--they are just so incredible.
As Tall As Lions
Dear and the Headlights
Minus the Bear
Paper Route
MGMT: Psychedelic music = druggies. Well, what can I say? I guess I love druggies. I just listened to MGMT today, and I love their sound. "Electric Feel" makes me want to scream, it's that good.
Jeremy Enigk: Wow, where has he been all my life? His music is perfection, fluidity, grace. There's not much more I can say about him other than..wow. So poetic, so beautiful.
Sunny Day Real Estate
Third Eye Blind
Mewithoutyou
Brand New
Mineral
The Police
The Myriad
I couldn't find words to say something about everything. I'm just...tired. Also, I'm bored like you wouldn't believe. I need something to believe in so I don't go crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment