Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sara's Boy Scout Mission #1 (The first of most likely many like-minded missions. I leave it up to you to determine the sincerity of this mission.)

It has recently come to my attention that a very sexy Taiwanese-Caucasian college student is actively pursuing a field in Political Science. In my rather simple mind, this can only mean one thing—he wants to be a lawyer. This is particularly exciting for me because this mighty fine scholar just so happens to be blessed with a gloriously appropriate name. Could there possibly be anything more poetic than a prosecutor called Justice? His name is a symbol of hope to the persecuted and broken; it exemplifies the good work which he shall bestow upon mankind with his wholehearted desire to protect and perpetuate the livelihoods of his beloved citizens. He will surely be the new crime-fighting sensation—he's young, handsome, passionate about defending everyday people like you and me from harm—he's none other than Prosecutor Justice! Winsome women much like myself will support him in his daily endeavors to improve society through his wise, influential decisions and will definitely campaign for him when he eventually runs for office. For such an admirable figure as he, I will strive to do my best in my pursuits as well for the sake of a successful marriage and happily ever after domestic life. However, a significantly ugly problem presents itself before me and my dreams of trophy wife wonder. How on earth will I ever be able to approach one as dashingly heroic as the prosecuting and/or law-practicing type? Since I am quite shy around any beast or being belonging to the male gender, I feel a severe lack of confidence in my ability to execute my boy scout mission. But I refuse to give up! Therefore, I have devised a master plan that will allow me to complete my mission.

Mission: To approach attractive males on campus who are currently Political Science students and successfully establish contact with them beyond one-word only conversations

Why: To find a compatible husband

Why Political Science students are considered compatible husband material: Though I know very little about Political Science, I know that those who study Political Science must be very intelligent, especially if they have plans to pursue law school in the future. No dill weed is going to take up law for fun. Only smart, determined individuals choose to walk the painful, difficult path of a lawyer. Lawyers are appealing not only for their brains, but also for their money. I am thoroughly convinced that a smart man with money is the ideal for me.

Steps to accomplishing mission/executing plan without experiencing failure or rejection:

1)Relate through common interests: I absolutely adore law-related media, just as any unsuspecting future law student would. One of my favorite movies is Legally Blonde and my favorite book is obviously To Kill A Mockingbird (well, it actually isn't, but it is if cute Poli Sci students love it). Also, I think that A Time To Kill is a great movie (because Matthew McConaughey is in it, but I really was intrigued by the law portion of it, seriously). All of these things must count for something with the upcoming law-defenders of America, so I have to try it.

2)Create a relationship based on interdependence of specified fields of study: Unfortunately, my knowledge of business and law is freakishly underdeveloped. In fact, I pretty much know nothing about either of these fields. However, I do know that they are related because all things are related. I'm sure there are some laws that relate to business, thus binding the two together as one big, open field. That is just the way it is with business students and law students—aren't we all just one collective body of knowledge and communication? Just as our fields are connected, so are our hearts and minds. This can only mean that the combination of myself, a mousy business student, with a gorgeous lawyer will be impossible to defeat in the realms of crime-stopping and GDP-increasing. Such unity can be achieved through perhaps some strange Inca ritual, but more importantly, through a lifetime of fruitful marriage.

Status: Yet to be completed.

No comments: